Goal: Tableau Embedded into Salesforce with Single Sign On
Embed Tableau dashboards into standalone pages in Salesforce:
Or embed filtered Tableau dashboards directly into existing Salesforce workflows and pages:
The Zuar Portal serves as the glue between Salesforce and Tableau. It enables a secure, single sign on experience for end users in Salesforce.
Access to a Salesforce admin account.
Zuar Portal embedding works with both Salesforce Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic, however we will be detailing instructions for Salesforce Lightning.
Tableau Server / Tableau Online
- Tableau Server / Tableau Online account. If you do not have a Tableau Server / Tableau Online account, please let us know and we will spin up a trial for you or help you make a purchase.
- Tableau dashboard content published that you want to use for embedded analytics. For testing, you can use any dashboard published to Tableau Server / Tableau Online.
Overview of Steps
This blog post links out to other content, so use this main post as your overall guide during the process.
- Create a Salesforce Connected App using Zuar Portal information
- (Tableau Server only) Add the Zuar Portal as a trusted host on Tableau Server
- Embed Tableau into Salesforce using Visualforce