Snowflake can either be used as a data source or a data destination in Mitto.
Source plugin example: Query
Snowflake as a data destination
- Mitto automatically creates the Snowflake database schema if it doesn't exist
- Mitto automatically creates the Snowflake database tables if they don't exist
- Mitto automatically determines data types for Snowflake columns
- Mitto automatically adds new columns to Snowflake tables based on new fields in source systems
- Mitto automatically adjusts Snowflake tables based on changes in source data
Snowflake specific setup
Below is the database url structure for connecting to a Snowflake database:
Here's an example of using a Snowflake database as a destination in a CSV job:
NOTE: When outputting to a Snowflake database, leaving the "Schema" blank will create a table in the public schema.
Mitto can send SQL statements to a Snowflake database. Use Snowflake syntax in these Mitto SQL jobs.