Google requires creating an App Password in order to send mail using their SMTP server (smtp.gmail.com). As a result, Mitto's email jobs cannot send using a gmail account over SMTP.
However, Postfix on your Mitto server can be configured to send mail using Gmail's App Password, and then the email job can be configured to use Postfix.
If you'd like to send mail using your Gmail account, please follow the following steps:
- Log into your Gmail account, then go to your account and security settings.
- Click the following link to generate an app password. Generate app password.
- Click Select app and choose Other (custom name) from the dropdown. Enter “Postfix” and click Generate.
- When the generated password appears, Copy the password into your clipboard or write it down.
- Create a support ticket with Zuar Support, providing the app password and your Gmail username, and Zuar DevOps will configure and test Postfix on your Mitto.