The Flat File connector is a collection of connectors – CSV, Excel, JSON, etc.
Adding and creating a Flat File Job
Similar to adding a CSV file, adding a flat file database to your Mitto instance will allow you to see this file as a table in a database with Tableau.
You can add a flat file in two ways. You can go to files or add it as you create a job.
1. Select Files on left hand side of screen. Read more about Files.
2. You can either select Add File or drag/drop your Flat File into Files. The file is now available to create a table from the Flat File.
1. Select +Add on bottom left of screen.
2. Click on the Flat File connector.
3. Now you can add the file by dragging and dropping or select the file to add it.
Adding a Flat File Job.*
*If you have added your file following method one, follow steps 1 and 2 of Method Two to get to the next steps of creating a job for your Flat file.
1. Select the file for which you wish to make a job. Click Next.
2. In the next screen you can verify the file information.
3. On the next screen, Mitto takes a sample of the data and designates a data type for each column in the CSV file. Notice that columns can be removed or added as well here. Click Next.
Note: This step has been deprecated in the latest version of Mitto. Please use SDLs to modify column types
4. Specify the output and define the name of the job and table in the database.
5. Click Save. This job now exists in Mitto.