Easily embed Tableau dashboards into the Portal with the Tableau Dashboard block.
Add Tableau Block
The first tab of the Edit Tableau Dashboard Block modal is for configuring the embedded Tableau view in the Portal
- Block Name - Name of the block.
- Tableau Dashboard URL - Copy and paste the share link from a Tableau dashboard on a Tableau Server/Online that the Portal is configured to use.
- Revert dashboard - When should the Tableau dashboards filters be reset based on actions in the Portal? Options are: none, all, filters, sorts, axes, shelves. Default is all.
- Use dashboard URL as entered - Check this box if you do not want to use the Portal to proxy Tableau requests. One specific use case of this is to embed Tableau Public dashboards. Default is unchecked.
- Show tabs - Check this box if you want to show the tabs on a Tableau dashboard. This is the equivalent of adding
:tabs=yon an embedded Tableau view.
- Refresh - Refresh the Tableau dashboard on page load. This is the equivalent of adding
:refresh=yon an embedded Tableau view.
- Trusted ticket in URL - Enabled trusted tickets for this Tableau block. This is the equivalent of adding
/z/trusted/on an embedded Tableau view.
- View Tableau Dashboard - Click this link to open the Tableau dashboard in the Tableau Server/Online UI directly.
This block type can be styled with CSS. Learn more about block CSS.
This block type can be previewed. Learn more about block preview.
Filtering Tableau Dashboards
Filtering is two way with Tableau blocks:
- Blocks that filter (e.g. multi-select, select, data table, etc.), filter Tableau blocks.
- Tableau blocks with internal Tableau filters can filter other blocks.
Learn more about data source filters.