With the control panel open, clicking on any block in the grid will show the control panel's block tab.
Control Panel Block's Attributes
- Name - Name of the selected block. The name can be edited directly from the control panel.
- ID - ID of the selected block.
- Type - Type of the selected block
- Size - Size dimensions of the selected block. If the grid is set to percent units, then you can see the percent size of the block relative to it's grid (100%, 100% would be the entire size of the grid). If the grid is set to pixel sizing, then you see the pixel dimensions of the block.
- Location - Location of the selected block. If the grid is set to percent units, then you see the percent location of the block relative to it's grid (0%, 0% is the top left of the grid). If the grid is set to pixel sizing, you see the pixel location of the block (0px, 0px is the top left of the pixel grid).
- Z-Index - The stack order of a block relative to the grid and other blocks. Adjusting the z-index is useful when needing to position blocks on top of or below each other.
Control Panel's Action Buttons
- Edit - Opens up the selected block's edit modal to make changes to the block.
- Duplicate - Duplicates the selected block onto the same page. Opens the duplicated block's edit modal.
- Copy to Clipboard - Copies the block's configuration to the clipboard. You can use the control panel's grid tab to paste the block onto the same page or another page in the portal.
- Delete - Removes the block from the active grid. This action does not delete the block globally.
- Cancel - Closes the control panel without saving any changes.
- Save - Closes the control panel and save all changes.