Zuar is looking to expand our development team with a Sr Python Engineer. While candidates located in Austin, TX, are preferred, this full-time position is fully remote and does not require relocation.
On this team you will:
- Build reusable components and packages for future use.
- Peer review code and refactor existing code.
- Design and implement support for new third-party API interfaces.
- Troubleshoot occasional field problems.
- Strong Python3 development experience on a shipping product (3+ years). Should include the use of pytest and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL (Postgres, sqlalchemy preferred).
- Understanding of API fundamentals: HTTP, REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, SAML, OAuth2, etc.
- Possess strong customer interaction and communication skills.
- Proficient with basic Linux administration (3+ years).
- Proficient with sh/bash scripting.
- Experience with source code control, e.g.: git.
- Have the ability to quickly learn new systems and hit the ground running.
- Independent problem solver.
Optional experience with nosql databases, Docker, large, server-side applications and microservices, or devops - including Ansible, Terraform - is a plus.
The company is growing fast, and was recently named as one of Inc's 5000 fast-growing companies in 2021. Zuar believes in solving business problems with technology. We've developed data staging and analytics products that our customers love, use, and build upon. Our almost seven-year-old company is based in Austin, TX.
We want to hear from you!
Does this position sound like a good fit for you? Apply today! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.